Milwaukee Birth Injury Lawyer
Birth injuries can devastate the child and the family during labor and delivery or even before the baby is born. A birth injury can leave the child with lifelong health issues and cause the parents immense emotional pain.
Childbirth injuries are often the result of negligence by the medical staff, doctors, or nurses making medical errors during delivery, breech births, umbilical cord problems, or using vacuum extraction/forceps.
Did the child or mother experience a childbirth injury during pregnancy, delivery, or afterward? The personal injury attorneys at Injury Lawyer Team, sponsored by Rosenfeld Law Offices, are legal advocates for injured victims harmed through someone else’s mistakes.
Contact a Milwaukee birth injury lawyer today to schedule a free consultation. All confidential or sensitive information you share with our attorneys remains private through an attorney-client relationship.
National Childbirth Injury Statistics
According to the Mayo Clinic, an estimated 3 million children are born in the United States annually. Of those 3 million children, approximately 30,000 will sustain a childbirth injury.
Childbirth trauma can range from minor to debilitating and even deadly. Other national data reveals that:
- Every year, approximately 2,000 infants die from birth injuries.
- More than 50,000 children are left with long-term disabilities due to trauma during childbirth.
- Cerebral and Erb’s palsy are the leading childbirth injuries, affecting one in every 323 children born in the US.
- About 80% of cerebral palsy cases are caused by medical malpractice.
- Childbirth injuries can cause lifelong physical and emotional suffering for the child and the child’s family, especially the mother.
Wisconsin Childbirth Injury Data
According to the Wisconsin Department of Health, approximately 2,000 infants are born with a birth injury yearly in Wisconsin. Common health issues range from bruises and scrapes to more serious problems such as Cerebral or Erb’s palsy.
Medical negligence is Wisconsin’s leading cause of birth injuries, accounting for around 80% of all cases. When medical professionals do not provide the appropriate level of care during labor and delivery, it can lead to devastating consequences for both the child and the family.
Some of the most common types of childbirth injuries involving a medical error in Wisconsin include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Brachial plexus injuries (Erb’s palsy)
- Brain damage
- Clavicle bone fractures
- Trauma to the spinal cord, including paralysis
- Nerve damage
- Preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome
- Perinatal asphyxia (lack of oxygen to the brain)
- Subgalea hemorrhage
These medical conditions can lead to long-term physical and emotional suffering for the child and their parents. If you believe your child was injured due to the doctor’s malpractice, you must schedule your free consultation and seek legal counsel immediately.
Birth Injuries and Medical Negligence
If you or a loved one has suffered a childbirth injury, you may wonder what happened and whether it could have been prevented. Birth injuries can occur due to malpractice during the birth process and can lead to serious long-term consequences for the newborn.
Our Milwaukee birth injury attorneys have handled many cases that involve:
- Failure to diagnose an infection in the mother that could lead to premature labor
- Failure to recognize signs of distress in the infant and take appropriate action
- Failing to identify, diagnose, or disclose any significant congenital defect to the parents could increase the risk factors during pregnancy and delivery.
- Medical errors, including improperly using instruments or delivery techniques, harming a healthy baby in the birth canal
- Administering wrongly prescribed medications to the pregnant mother leads to adverse reactions
- Negligent postnatal care that leads to infections or dehydration
- Maternal injuries caused by a poorly performed cesarean section
- Failure to provide a healthy baby with appropriate care
If you believe that medical mistakes caused your newborn’s childbirth injury, you may be able to seek justice and compensation through a medical malpractice case.
We have been helping clients in Milwaukee affected by childbirth trauma. Our Milwaukee birth injury lawyers understand your challenges, and we are dedicated to helping you receive the fair compensation you deserve. Contact our birth injury attorneys to schedule a free initial consultation.
Milwaukee, WI Birth Injury Lawyers Resolving Medical Malpractice Cases
Do you suspect the serious birth injury the child experienced resulted from a medical error? Do you believe that substandard care by medical experts led to your infant being harmed?
The Milwaukee birth injury attorneys are legal advocates for our clients dealing with childbirth injuries that could have been prevented with appropriate medical care. Contact us to schedule a free case review.
Our Milwaukee, WI law offices accept all medical malpractice cases and wrongful death lawsuits on a contingency fee basis. This agreement means that our birth injury attorneys will provide the financial resources and professional time to build a compelling case to seek justice and obtain compensation.
Our legal team has been helping clients in numerous practice areas for years, including wrongful death, car accidents, truck crashes, nursing home abuse, premises liability, harmful drugs, product liability, and others.