Milwaukee Slip and Fall Lawyer
Milwaukee Slip And Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents can be hazardous and often lead to serious injury, and the road to recovery can be long and difficult. Every year, thousands of people are injured in slip and fall accidents.
These accidents can often lead to severe injuries such as broken bones, head trauma, and even death.
Were you injured in a slip and fall accident? If so, the personal injury attorneys at Injury Lawyer Team, sponsored by Rosenfeld Law Offices, can help you file a claim and get the financial compensation you deserve.
Contact a Milwaukee slip and fall attorney to schedule a free consultation. All confidential or sensitive information you share with our legal team remains private through an attorney-client relationship.
National Slip and Fall Accident Statistics and Facts
Slip and fall accidents are a common occurrence in the United States. Each year, these accidents result in thousands of injuries and fatalities.
According to the National Safety Council, more than 8 million slip and fall accidents yearly result in over 21,000 deaths. That’s an average of 57 deaths daily from preventable slip and fall accidents.
Other slip and fall accident statistics include:
- According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), falls are the leading cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries for older Americans.
- Each year, more than one million seniors are hospitalized due to fall-related injuries, and the cost of medical care for these accidents is estimated to be $50 billion.
- Falls are a significant problem for people of all ages.
- Property owners are responsible for taking reasonable steps to prevent slips and falls on their premises, including regularly inspecting the property and addressing any hazards promptly.
- Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries, including broken bones, head trauma, and spinal cord damage.
- Property owners can help keep people safe and reduce the risk of costly liability claims by taking steps to prevent slips and falls.
Common Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Have you ever slipped and fallen on ice or in water? If so, you’re not alone. Every year, thousands of people are injured in slip and fall accidents.
While many of these accidents are minor, others can be pretty serious. In some Milwaukee slip and fall cases, victims may suffer from life-altering injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries: The blunt force from hitting your head on a hard surface can cause significant brain damage, resulting in lifelong disability.
- Back injury: When you fall, the sudden impact can cause damage to your spine, leading to chronic back pain.
- Knee injury: The force of landing can cause ligament tears and other damage to your knees, leading to long-term pain and difficulty walking.
- Ankle injury: When you fall, the ankle is one of the body parts most likely to twist, leading to sprains, fractures, and other severe injuries.
- Spinal cord damage: A fall can damage the bones in your spine, leading to paralysis.
- Shoulder injuries: The impact of a fall can cause severe damage to your shoulder, including rotator cuff tears and other injuries.
- Wrist fractures: The hands are often the first body part hitting the ground when you fall, leading to wrist fractures.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Every year in Milwaukee, hundreds of people are severely injured in slip and fall accidents. These accidents can cause long-term physical pain, emotional trauma, and costly medical bills.
Slip and fall accidents occur most often on dangerous premises. A victim getting hurt on someone else’s property could involve:
- Unsafe conditions
- Uneven walking surface
- Dangerous walking path
- Loose gravel
- Hazardous industrial and public buildings
- Water amusement parks
- Shopping centers’ icy parking lots
- Broken stairways in commercial buildings (including apartment complexes)
Preventing a Slip and Fall Accident
Slipping and falling accidents can happen anywhere, from grocery stores to office buildings, to your home. Despite this, many people still do not take the necessary precautions to avoid slips and falls. The most common ways to prevent slipping and falling include:
- Watch where you’re going. Ensure you’re always aware of your surroundings and don’t walk blindly into dangerous areas.
- Use caution when walking in wet or icy conditions. Take your time and avoid sudden movements that could cause you to slip.
- Wear shoes with good traction. Certain surfaces (like ice or wet concrete) can be treacherous for those wearing slippery shoes.
- Keep your work area clean and free of hazards. Tidy up any spills or cords that could cause someone to trip over them.
- Be sure to report any unsafe conditions in your workplace immediately.
Slips and falls can result in severe injuries, so it’s essential to take all necessary precautions to avoid them.
Why Injured Victims Must File a Slip and Fall Personal Injury Claim
When you are injured in a slip and fall accident, taking action and filing a personal injury lawsuit is essential. By filing a premises liability case, you can receive the compensation you need to cover medical expenses and other costs related to your fall injury.
Too often, people fail to seek legal help after an accident and may not be aware of their rights or the compensation they could receive if they had filed a slip and fall case.
With the help of a qualified personal injury lawyer providing numerous legal options, you can get the money you need to cover your medical expenses and other associated costs. Don’t wait any longer – contact the Milwaukee slip and fall attorneys from our affiliate law offices to schedule a free case review!
Under Wisconsin civil tort law, accident victims filing cases involving fall injuries can hold the property owner and others financially accountable for damages. However, the law requires that they prove liability by showing how someone else’s negligence led to a hazardous condition that led to injuries and possibly property damage.
Proving fault often involves the plaintiff (injured party) or their Milwaukee slip and fall lawyer, demonstrating the four elements of civil law that include:
- The property owner was responsible for providing reasonable care in managing their premises and providing every visitor, invitee, or tenant a safe environment.
- The owner’s failure to take ordinary maintenance of the premises led to a dangerous condition.
- The negligence created a hazard that led to the victim’s slip and fall injury or wrongful death.
- The victim can prove that their damages are actual.
Many victims are hurt on the job where a dangerous condition exists. In these cases, the injured worker can file a workers’ compensation claim for benefits to cover their hospital costs, lost wages, medical expenses, and other damages.
The injured employee could file a worker’s comp injury case for benefits even if they or another employee caused that accident. How much compensation they could receive for their fall injury depends on their injuries, the damage amount, and their need for future care.
Hiring Milwaukee Slip and Fall Attorneys to Receive Fair Compensation
Were you involved in a slip and fall accident on a slippery surface, icy pavement, or an area with loose gravel or other debris? Did the event occur on someone else’s property?
Our Milwaukee slip and fall lawyers at Injury Lawyer Team can take immediate legal action to hold those responsible for your damages financially accountable. Contact an experienced slip and fall attorney to schedule a free case evaluation.
The experienced team accepts all slip and fall cases on a contingency fee agreement. This arrangement ensures you’ll pay no upfront fees until our law offices resolve your claim through a negotiated settlement or jury award.